Archives For Education
During last summer’s Exponential Youth Camp (XYC) pilot at Singularity University 14 of the world’s brightest teenagers were asked to redesign the future of education. They recommended:
- Make it about ME – Personalization is necessary to compete in today’s intricately specialized world.
- Let’s DO things – Across the board, the teens wanted opportunities to demonstrate knowledge through real-world application, not scantrons.
- Don’t ditch me in an online course – students simply desired guidance in navigating the material.
- Be my coach – Students still want great teachers.
- Teach me relevant skills – opportunities to build more practical skills like teamwork, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Foster a growth mindset – education should make people confident in their ability to learn anything.